John 15:9-11 (NKJV)
9 “As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. 10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love. 11 These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full.
The beauty of Scripture is how God ties everything together with clear, loving directions. Receive His love, obey because He loves you, God shows love, and Jesus shares how He obeyed the Father’s commands that promised His love. His love given, His direction given, and when received and followed leads to joy. Joy that will remain and provide us with fullness of joy.
Just think for a moment about fullness of joy. As we reflect we see the following:
1. Joy because God sent Jesus
2. Jesus went to the cross for our sins
3. His blood forgives our sins
4. God listens
5. God answers
6. Jesus prays for us
7. The Holy Spirit intercedes our prayers
8. God gives direction if we will obey
9. God provides direction from His Word
10. He provides us with prayer partners and friends
11. He shows us His love leads to direction, which leads to obedience, which leads to His love, which provides the fullness of joy
All of this can help us overcome whatever we are going through if we will just obey. He loves us so much if you will just receive it and truly walk a journey full of joy. So be a good listener because Jesus truly gave us the example to follow and He is listening for you to come to Him in prayer.