Thankfulness in Many Areas
Philippians 4:6-7 (NKJV)
6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
A little over a year ago I fell in the highway twice in a matter of seconds breaking a bone in my arm and displacing my wrist. As I got up and got across the highway to safety, I thanked God for helping me get up. I also prayed for God to please show me why this happened and what I am to see through this accident. Here are some areas I have been thankful for and it is not all of them, but I list a few to encourage you to not worry, but to be in prayer and thankful for all things.
- I could have worried about my job, but I was thankful for insurance from the company I work for and God met our needs.
- I could have said poor me, yet I asked Him to show how He could pour His love into and through me.
- The swelling lasted for 5 months creating what could be concerns, yet I went to rehab and heard and saw concerns of others to encourage and pray for.
- My brokenness could have led to me seeing my brokenness only, yet I am thankful it led to me seeing others with brokenness from bones to hearts giving me an even deeper compassion.
- Learning to write left-handed for a while helped me be thankful for my hands as one day, I saw a young man without His right hand.
- My schedule was rearranged for the last year for His plans and purpose and not mine as my vacation times changed to later in the year putting me in situations that He had planned.
- To this day I still have tightness in my joints, yet I am thankful for His touch and praise Him that I do not have to go upon this journey being uptight in other areas of my life.
These are just a few of the things I have seen. My mother taught me these Scriptures when I was a child and they still apply today over forty years later. We are not to be anxious, we are to pray, and we are to be thankful. These areas will lead to the peace that He promises for our hearts and minds.
So please seek His peace and be thankful not only in this Thanksgiving season, but by being thankful in all things each and every day because His love is a gift and you are truly loved by the One who created you.